Saturday, July 04, 2009

Manchester United sign Owen



In a shocking development and probably one of the most bizarre transfers you would ever see,Michael Owen has signed for Manchester United.

Owen who was out of contract at the end of June with relegated Newcastle United not keen to renew it.

There is no fee involved for the Englishman as he's been signed on a free transfer.The contract runs for two years.

The move by Owen to join Manchester United is considered to be motivated by desperation for Sir Alex Ferguson and Owen's desire to get back into the national side for the World Cup next year.

Owen who had been on the lookout for clubs in England and outside as well was first avidly approached by Hull but no deal took place.

On the transfer manager Sir Alex had to say :

Michael is a world class forward with a proven goalscoring record at the highest level and that has never been in question. Coming to Manchester United with the expectations that we have is something that Michael will relish.


Michael Owen was delighted to be part of Manchester United's setup and join Wayne Rooney and recent signing Antonio Valencia.

This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I intend to seize it with both hands. I am now looking forward to being a Manchester United player and I am fortunate that I already know so many of the players here. I missed pre-season last year and am pleased that I will be starting at Carrington from day one.

I want to thank Sir Alex for the faith he has shown in me and I give him my assurance that I will repay him with my goals and performances.


Now this is a shocking move for Sir Alex to make despite the money that he has received by selling Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.Another equally shocking move was Garethy Barry moving to Manchester City.Which is a bigger shock for you? Do our poll and leave a comment. Thanks!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home