Friday, July 03, 2009

Wigan sign Honduras international Thomas



Wigan Athletic have signed Honduras international Hendry Thomas.

The midfielder joins from Deportivo Olimpia on a three year contract.

He had been wanted by the club a year ago but couldn't clear the deal due to complications in the work permit.

Manager,Roberto Martinez hopes he would make the same impact as Wilson Palacios and Maynor Figueroa did at Wigan.

Speaking to the clubs official website Martinez said :

Everyone knows how well Wilson and Maynor have done in the Premier League and it is no wonder there was lots of interest in Hendry, who comes from the same club as those two and has impressed.

He is a powerful figure in midfield, who can sit in front of the back four and destroy attacks, or can also come forward and score.


Thomas was delighted to be part of the English Premiership and vowed to make an impact.

I have worked hard all season to stay fit and qualify for the work permit rules and it is a dream come true for me to come to England. I have talked a lot with Maynor and Wilson about the club and I can't wait to start now.

I want to thank Roberto Martinez and Wigan Athletic for giving me the chance to come here and I'm determined to show them they have not made a mistake.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home