Sunday, August 23, 2009

Owen earns his first pound!

Michael Owen made a shock move to Manchester United after Newcastle United were relegated and Ronaldo moved to his dream club Real Madrid. The terms of the contract required him to earn as per his contribution and he sure did today in United's 5-0 mauling of Wigan Athletic at the JJB Stadium.

Michael Owen scores for Manchester United against Wigan AthleticOwen came on as a substitute in the 71st minute and scored a vintage "Owen style" goal in the 85th minute to get his name on the scorers chart of the Premier League. After being put through by a Nani through ball Owen chipped it over the charging goal keeper to make it 4-0 for United. Owen had plenty of chances in the midweek against Burnley but failed to convert them.

Owen was highly delighted to earn his first pound of the season and said :
It was certainly a great feeling to score. I'd got a few in pre-season but there's nothing quite like doing it in a competitive game.

I'd be disappointed if people didn't think I could go on from here.I obviously believe I can as I have done throughout my career and I certainly expect to score more goals in the red shirt.

The RED shirt of Liverpool is now the RED shirt of Manchester.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home