Sunday, April 19, 2009

Itandje apologises for bad behaviour



Liverpool's French goalkeeper,Charles Itandje has apologised for his behaviour during the Hillsborough memorial service.

The player was spotted laughing in the process of the service by television cameras.

This didn't go down well with the Liverpool fans who called for extreme action against the player and manager,Rafa Benitez duly obliged by telling the player not to come for practice on Friday and to stay away from the club for 14days.

Hillsborough disaster took 96 lives in 1989 when Liverpool fans traveled to Nottingham Forest for their FA cup semi-final.

The player spoke to Liverpool echo and had this to say :

"The events at Hillsborough were a tragedy and in no way did I mean to disrespect the memory of what happened 20 years ago. I would never do that.

"I would like to speak to the families in person to offer my apologies to them because, like I said, I never meant to hurt anyone."


In my personal opinion,the player deserves a bigger punishment than this for his actions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home