Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Porto thrown out of Europe

Former Champions league winners,Porto have been thrown out of next season's champions league by UEFA.
This ruling is given by the Control and Disciplinary committee of UEFA after the Portuguese club were found guilty of bribing referees in two games in the past season.They were docked six points following the report but this didn't stop them from winning a third consecutive domestic title.
Porto on the other hand will try their utmost to overturn the decision.
I think this is a great decision and cheating clubs deserve this,be it in any league.



Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amogh Ranadive said...

I like the fact that you are blogging so enthusiastically about football. I had wanted to do something like this myself, but never got down to it.

Keep writing.

June 4, 2008 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger Tanuj Lakhina said...

Yeah well the interest keeps me continued otherwise I would have given up on blogging a long time back.

June 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home