Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bentley a target for top clubs

Blackburn Rovers’ classy midfielder, David Bentley is on the brink of a move from EWood Park and top clubs like Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea are looking to sign the Englishman who is currently on international duty with friendlies against USA and Trinidad and Tobago. The quoted price being in the range of £15million
Asked if he had agreed a new deal with Blackburn, Bentley said: "No I haven't signed it but we're not talking about that now.
"I watched the Champions League final and of course that's the sort of match I want to play in. Every player when they start their career wants to reach the top of their game, and I haven't done that yet.
"I wouldn't say I'm impatient - but I'm hungry for success.
"I don't look at myself as a full international. I haven't played in a big tournament, haven't played in the Champions League, so I've still got it all to do at the moment.
"That's what I'm trying to do. I've still got to work hard, get better as a player and hopefully one day I'll be in the big games."
It would be interesting to see where he finally lands up in and frankly speaking the player deserves more than what he’s currently achieving(read NOTHING!). Although the quoted price may be too much for a player who has not been much of an influence in UEFA Cup and in the international scene but he would certainly prove to be a great asset for any club that acquires him.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home