Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sir Alex to leave within 3years

Sir Alex Ferguson, manager of Manchester United since 1986 has revealed his intention to leave Old Trafford within 3 years.He had a memorably season by winning the premiership and then edging Chelsea on penalties in the Champions League.
The Scot had previously announced plans to retire at the end of the 2001/02 season; however he made a dramatic U-turn in February 2002, agreeing to stay on at the club.
He now has said that he wants to retire before he turns 70(he's 66 right now).

"There is a time when you have to think about time for yourself. You know, my wife is getting older and I have to think about that.

"I think she deserves a bit of my time. The older you get, the more guilty you feel about it. What I would like to do in life is travel to places I have never been to. "

"There is no chance of me ever being sacked. I think it will be my decision and (chief executive)David Gill is happy with that."

Sir Alex has already hinted of his successor in the form of Carlos Queiroz who is currently the assistant manager.
Will United be the same ever again after his departure?



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home