Friday, June 26, 2009

Birmingham sign Johnson from Cardiff



Birmingham City are making some transfers thick and fast. Latest to be part of Alex Mcleish's squad is defender Roger Johnson who joined in from Cardiff City worth £5million.

The deal has been signed for 3years which would mean he is under contract till 2012.

He is the third centre back to join City since the arrival of Scott Dann and Giovanny Espinoza.

Johnson proved his ability last season with Cardiff as he was also named in the Championship team of the year and has a lot of experience albeit with Wycombe in the lower league.

Speaking to the Blues' official website, he said :

I am really pleased to be here. Birmingham are a massive club and I am looking forward to putting the shirt on to be honest.

Premier League football is the dream at the start of any footballer's career so I am pleased I have been given that chance with Birmingham and I can't wait to get started.

The aim is to stay in the Premier League with Birmingham and hopefully I will have a big part to play in that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home