Thursday, June 25, 2009

Birmingham sign Espinoza



Birmingham City have signed 32 year old,Ecuadorian defender Giovanny Espinoza from Barcelona Sporting Club on a two year deal.

He's played 80 times for his country and been part of two world cups.

The tall(6'2) defender is known for his speed and strength.

Speaking to the official website he said :

I'm very much looking to playing for this club. It's a new step in my football career and I hope I can help the team.

I think I can bring experience to the defence as I've played a lot of games at club level and for the national team.

My objective is the same as the team, to first of all help the club remain in the Premier League.


He becomes manager Alex Mcleish's fifth signing this summer following Christian Benitez,Scott Dann,Stephen Carr and Joe Hart.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home